Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nov 10th Weigh In

As a group we lost 14.2 lbs!
Here's today's numbers -

Angela - 1/2 lb
Chantelle - .6lb
Erin - 4 lbs
Korene - 3 lbs
Michelle - 1 lb
Sharla - 2 1/2 lbs
Sheri - 2.6 lbs

Way to go ladies!!

We missed a few of you this morning - if you want your weight loss posted, let me know.


Today we talked about what's been the hardest for us and what has helped us get through those things - or what others found helpful. Here's a few of those things...

Problem: having enough points left for dinner.
Suggestion: Sharla plans what she's going to do for dinner and how many points it will be, then she knows what she has to use the rest of the day.
If you run out of points at dinner time - or only have a few left - you can always load up on veggies. Skinny Taste has a yummy ratatouille recipe :)
If we want to lose weight, we have to make changes. There's no way around that. Use less points during the day - egg whites instead of eggs. Fiber One yogurt is 0 points. Lower point bread or those Oroweat Sandwich Thins instead of regular bread. Forget the mayo on your sandwich. Switch to skim milk. There's a lot of swapping you can do. Hungry Girl website has some great suggestions for that too.

Problem: always feeling SO hungry.
Suggestion: eat more fiber, it'll fill ya up. If you're exercising be sure to give yourself extra points for it!! You have to feed the fire (your metabolism). Listen to your body. If you're starving... you need to eat something!

Problem: being so busy - gone from home - that it's hard to not go over points.
Suggestion: just keep doing your best lady! Life will calm down soon and you can plan your meals at home. Take plenty of healthy snacks with you.

Problem: eating a whole box of WW Chocolate Cakes or a bunch of mini-candy bars. Or in other words... sabotaging yourself.
Suggestion: .....

In general - I do much better on the program when I exercise. I just feel better so I make better choices. Because I'm having some back issues, I can't do anything high impact (no Jillian Michaels for me) for a while, but I can do a brisk walk on the treadmill or 15 minutes with my hula hoop. Anything helps me feel better. It does take a few days in a row for that "feel good" stuff to kick in for me... but it kicks in :)

If you have any tips/suggestions or concerns, please leave a comment!

No comments: